Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1/1/13

Happy new years! Can't wait to see how much improvement this year brings.
My goals to get by this year
- 245# Snatch
- 300# Clean and Jerk
- 430# Back Squat
- 500# Deadlift
- Make it to Regionals

I started with some OTM skill work/warm up

10 Minutes
First 5 Minutes - 10 Weighted toes 2 bar (6#)
Last 5 Minutes - 30 UB Double unders

I think this is a great way to warm up, doing some on the minute skill work. I will probably start warming up like this more often.

Did some banded dead's after

EMOM 7 Minutes.
3 Banded deadlifts - 235# with about 50+# of band tension. (Let go of each rep at the bottom)

Banded deadlifts are something I love to do. With my hip how it is right now it kind of irritates it but still went through with it.

Front squatted after.

5 Sets of 3 front squats + 3 S2O
155,165,185,205,205

So PUMPED front squatting over 200 again it's been about a month but I am getting there!! I pushed pressed all the sets except for the final 2 of the 205 I switched it up to push jerk.

Came home ate, rested for a bit. Went into my garage and my Dad brought a bar with some weight. Seen he had 115# total. Warmed up and hit something quick in brutal 33 degree weather.

3 Rounds for time.
8 Muscle snatches - 115# (Made sure NO rebend of the knees)
200 Meter run
Time - 4:19

This hurt, my teeth hurt after from the coldness of the air. It's good to revisit where I started from, training with dirt and the elements. Now I am training in a secure building, but going back to the harshness from where I came from makes me that much more grateful and mentally stronger.


My home http://bsconditioning.blogspot.com/

Our FB Page www.facebook.com/pages/Barbarian-Strength-and-Conditioning/

https://www.progenexusa.com/default.aspx 

Use code - JOHN3 for 10% off any purchase

http://strengthwraps.com/

Use code - MEDINA for 10% off any purchase 

http://www.fightthrough.com/


"To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness." - Ephesians 4:22-24


 

No comments:

Post a Comment